ESOF is an inter-disciplinary, pan-European meeting, held under the auspices of Euroscience, which aims to:
- Showcase the latest advances in science and technology.
- Promote a dialogue on the role of science and technology in society and public policy.
- Stimulate and provoke public interest, excitement and debate about science and technology.
Running from July 11-15 2012, the event will bring together 6,000 scientists, business leaders, government officials and international media to discuss the best of European science and to address all of the major global challenges, including Energy, Climate Change, Food and Health.
ESOF 2012 will incorporate a number of distinct streams:
- A Science programme of seminars, workshops and debates on the latest research.
- A Media programme to promote science communication.
- A Business programme to link basic research with industrial applications.
- A Careers programme for young researchers.
- An Exhibition to showcase the best of European public and private research.
- An Outreach programme to engage with the general public.
Dublin seamlessly blends over one thousand years of history and heritage with all the features of a modern, cosmopolitan city.
A ten year programme of sustained investment in science has resulted in world-class universities supporting cutting-edge research.
Renowned for its friendliness and the richness of its social and cultural life, Dublin will deliver an intellectually, culturally and socially invigorating programme for delegates. So, come to Dublin for the best of European science at ESOF 2012 and stay on in Ireland for the craic!
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this event, please click here.