Student Engagement Conference: The Powers and Perils of Partnership
A great deal has been written, spoken and done about student engagement by us all. In fact, it is the rationale behind a lot of what NUS and other sector organisations do. But what has it all been for? Are we really ensuring students are at ‘the heart of the system?’ If not, what needs to change?
NUS and the Higher Education Academy are delighted to announce a two-day conference on student engagement held on 12-13 June 2012. The conference will:
• Highlight some of the ways that NUS and the Higher Education Academy have been working to embed student engagement at the heart of each and every institution, including its projects on student-led teaching awards and widening engagement
• Showcase some of the work being done by students, students’ unions and institutions across the UK to ensure student engagement is not merely tokenistic
• Reflect on the research and evidence-base for student engagement
• Explore the debates underpinning student engagement
• Bring together voices from across the sector to look to the future of student engagement and how we can continue to ensure that it is meaningful and accessible to all