The general aim of the ICED2012 (International Consortium for Educational Development) Conference is to become an international meeting point for participants to reflect and exchange ideas and experiences in researching and supporting educational development at different levels from classroom to national scales. The experiences of scholars in many countries, especially those in Asia and ASEAN, will be shared with scholars from other parts of the world. The sharing of best practice in the development of higher education will be most valuable for rethinking of quality learning and teaching paradigms for all parts of the world.
- Strategies for enhancing learning for the next generation of students
- Scholarship and research into the practice of educational and academic development
- Policies and practice in institutional and organisational development
- The development of higher education across the globe
We welcome proposals on these topics below, or any others which are interesting and important to the world-wide community of educational and academic developers
- Transformative learning
- Education for sustainability
- A futuristic view of education
- Learning for social change
- Postmodern teaching pedagogy and instructional technology
- Changes to the learning environment
- Learning engagement and course design / development / management
- Paradigm shifts in teaching and learning
- Assessment in higher education
- Cross-cultural education
- Global quality and standards of higher education
- Student and lecturer mobility
Submissions and Abstracts
We invite the submission of abstracts for consideration by the peer review panel for one or more of the following types of sessions in the conference: paper, workshop or poster.
Papers should report research findings, or discuss evidence-based practice, or critically assess policy or practice. Papers may be clustered and presented in shared sessions (20, 30 or 60 minutes, including discussion time).
Workshops should be action-oriented (60 minutes). They should include a short input (up to 15 minutes) and activities for delegates to participate in. They should be of interest and relevance to a wide audience Please include a timetable showing the design of the event.
Posters should be A0 in size (portrait layout) and present summary information about your work in a visual or text format in a way that is of interest to the conference participants. You will be asked to talk about your poster during networking sessions.
Abstracts should include title and speaker names, and the name of a key contact. They should be no more than 200 words. They will be published in the Conference programme.
The deadline for submissions is January 15th 2012
Venue: Bangkok, Thailand
For more information about this event, please click here.
If you are a member of a work group, please log in here.